Temperature Control in High-Resolution Microscopy
Just set the temperature and start your measurement. Let VAHEAT do the rest.
VAHEAT – The Control Unit
Thermal contact of the objective with the sample via immersion oil often causes temperature gradients within the field of view. Our specific chip design with integrated heating element and a precise temperature sensor (smart substrate) allows to overcome these problems.
- Precisely control and measure the temperature in your sample volume
- Define and start your individual temperature profiles
- Set active temperature feedback
- Send heat shocks to your sample
- Change live the temperature via our tuning knob
- Integrate our device in your data-acquisition software using our API
The Microscope Adapter
The size of our substrate holder is designed to fit any commercially available microscope and resembles the size of a standard microscope slide. Simply put our system onto your microscope and start measuring!
- Footprint of a standard microscope slide (75 mm x 25 mm)
- Compatible with nearly all common inverted and upright microscopes
- Simple and fast change of smart substrates
- Precise magnetic clamp mechanism
- Ultra slim design for transmission light microscopy
Our Smart Substrates
Our substrates come with integrated and calibrated temperature sensor and microheater. We provide custom sizes and options upon request. The standard version is equipped with a small pan for your sample. Our smart substrates allow homogeneous heating in the field of view and provide precise temperature control.
- 18 mm x 18 mm
- 170 μm thin – ideally suited for high-resolution microscopy and live-cell imaging
- Calibrated temperature sensor
- Integrated microheater
- Fast thermal response
- Precisely and directly measure the temperature of your sample volume
- Can be used as disposable
Thermal Problems in High-Resolution Microscopy
Uncontrolled temperature in the field-of-view
Temperature control in the field-of-view (FOV) is essential for many applications in high-resolution microscopy. Direct thermal contact of the objective with the coverslip poses fundamental problems (see images).
Conventional methods trying to solve this issue have severe drawbacks, such as limited maximum temperatures of approx. 40ºC, no fast temperature dynamics and associated long waiting times to achieve thermal equilibrium.
Our systems provides a solution to these issues.
Temperature gradients on a conventionally heated coverslip
Benefits of Using VAHEAT
Set your temperature and start your measurement instantly via local heating.
Study dynamic temperature dependencies.
Heat your sample up to 100ºC with a high precision and active feedback.
Ensure a homogenous temperature in your FOV.
Our System Includes
Stand-alone control unit with easy to clean touch panel and USB interface
Substrate holder compatible with all conventional microscope stages
Smart substrates with integrated microheater and calibrated temperature sensor
Computer-Interface for real-time temperature readout and control